Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weigh in - January 5, 2014

Current Weight: 225

This is the first year since I started this journey in 2010 that I have finished the year at a higher weight then I started.  Even though I got down to my lowest weight ever this summer, I have a net gain of 8 pounds overall.

Things went off the rails while we were on vacation in August.  I enjoyed myself and didn't worry about calories or portions or not drinking alcohol every night.  When we got home I never really got back into the swing of things, and it shows.  I stopped wearing my pedometer; I stopped tracking my food; I didn't go to TKD 3 times a week; I had wine with diner; we ate out a lot.  Little by little it all came together for a 25 pound weight gain in 4 months.

As discouraging as that sounds, I'm embracing it and moving on.  I went to TKD yesterday and had a great time.  I'm going to try and get out running twice a week (and by out I really mean in - at the track).  I'm back to logging everything in MyFitnessPal.  I've joined a great online group of women for a 6 week accountability support group.  Hilary and I are planning out my lunches and our dinners to help me be successful.

And even though this is really the first week in, I did lose 1/2 a pound since last week.  So the new journey begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment