Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sole Sisters 5k

Sole Sisters is Canada's largest women only race.  Capped at 3000 participants it sells out every year, so this was the first year I was able to register in time.  They are known for their purple colour scheme and their tutus.  I love me some purple - I even dyed my hair to match, but I've never worn a tutu in my life.  Apparently I can pull the look off!


It was an amazing scene of purple clad women making their way to the starting line.


It was a fun run, not timed and included a chocolate station and hug station that had a shirtless, buff firefighter giving out hugs to encourage people at the 3k mark.  He only got a high-five from me!



I met up with 2 friends that I've been running with - Grace and Teresa. We got separated from Grace before the race started and I encouraged Teresa to run at her own speed.  This was her first ever 5k and she nailed it!


I ran a good race and finished in 46 minutes, which seems to be my new 5k time.  The best part was crossing the finish line and having Grace and Teresa there to cheer me on.





1 comment:

  1. Ah, Andy! I love my amazing running friend. Thanks for encouraging me. You're stuck with me now. See you in the rain <3

    ReplyDelete