Saturday, June 9, 2018

Tire Trot 2018

I haven't done very well at documenting my training or racing this year, so I'm going to start with today's run and work my way backwards, as I want to keep track and celebrate my accomplishments.


This was the second year that I've run the Michelin Bridgewater Tire Trot.  A beautiful 5k that runs along the beautiful Centennial Trail, all along the water.

I wasn't sure what to expect this morning, running 5k a week after doing a half-marathon where I had knee issues.  I was pleasantly surprised that I had a great run without any knee pain!  In fact, when I looked back at my stats from last year, I actually ran 6 minutes faster today than I did last year.  Today the weather was amazing, compared to last year's torrential downpour, which I'm sure played a huge factor. 


And as always the best part of running is running with friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment