Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week 15 - Put the Whole in Your Grains

How did I do with last week's change?
Week 14: Keep it Clean and Green

This is more of a long term goal then a weekly one, especially since with the Easter holiday and a visit from my MIL, I didn't really clean anything this week.



The Change: Choose whole grains in lieu of those that are refined.
I'll let you in on a secret... I hate whole grains.  I don't like whole wheat bread or pasta and I loathe brown rice.  I think the only ones I do like is quinoa and corn (on the cob or in a can!)

The good side to this is that I don't eat a lot of refined grains anyway.  I might have crackers with my lunch a couple of times a week, but I don't eat toast or cereal for breakfast, it's rare that I have a sandwich or bread product for lunch, and we don't eat a lot of pasta or rice.  And since I'm trying to lose weight, I don't eat a lot of baked goods for desert.  I'm not sure if these means that I'm not eating a well balanced diet, but it seems to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment