Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What’s next?

Now that my TKD tournament is over and I’ve run my 10k race, I need to decide what to do next.

With TKD I always have the goal of my next belt to work towards. This gives me a new pattern to learn, new kicks to master and new sparring techniques to conquer.


This is my next pattern – Won Hyo. It has all sorts of new moves that I’ve never done and will be a challenge. Especially the part where I have to balance on one leg and throw a kick.

On the running front, I have two 5k races that I’m currently signed up for. A virtual run at the end of June and the Run for the Cure which isn’t until October. I think I will look for some other local races so that I have something concrete to work towards. The big question is whether or not I want to do another 10k, or stick with 5ks. There is a 5k in September out at the airport that I’m thinking of doing. How often would I have the opportunity to run on a runway? But I have not yet found any 10ks that I want to commit to.

I plan to continue to run 3-4 times a week. The heat of summer worries me, for I don’t do well with running when I’m hot. My schedule is such that I can’t run in the morning before work when it’s cool out, so I usually end up running around 5:30 when I get home from work.

I hope to keep up doing long runs (5k+) on Sundays, with shorter runs the rest of the time.  I would like to work on improving my overall performance and speed.  I might even through in some hills!

1 comment:

  1. There's an Ironman Triathlon here this weekend .... you could come down and do that ;)

    ReplyDelete