Monday, August 4, 2014

Natal Day Road Race




Apparently this is the 108th year for the Dartmouth Natal Day Road Race, but it's the first year I've ever heard of it!  I'm glad a fellow runner at work told me about it with enough time for me to sign up.  I'll be sure to sign up again next year.

It was only 2 miles (3.22 km).  I woke up to the pouring rain, which makes for a nice cool run in August, but I would like to run at least one race this year where I'm not soaking wet.  It didn't actually rain to much during the race itself, but the humidity was high.

I haven't been running very much this summer, so I didn't have high expectations for finishing with a great time.  I was pleased to finish with 27:18, keeping in line with my never changing pace of 8:30/km.  I was in awe of the runners who finished in a speedy 10 minutes!


Now I need to find my next race to sign up for.  I love having something concrete to work towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment