Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Goals - April 2015

I set some pretty simple goals on January 1st of this year.
“to live a healthy lifestyle so that I can be my healthiest. This includes better eating, more sleep, being happy with my life and exercising.”

To achieve the exercise part I was going to keep up with TKD and running. Those have both been a bust so far this year. The weather has gotten in the way of my running, and I just haven’t been motivated to get to TKD as often as I should. I did test for (and passed) my blue stripe in January, but since then….

I also haven’t been eating better or sleeping very well. I have been pretty happy with my life, in part because I just got back from a wonderfully relaxing week in the Domincan Republic!

It’s now the 2nd quarter of the year. It really is amazing how time flies. My goals still remain the same. I’ve signed up for the Learn To Run program at Halifax Independent school again this year, so starting April 24th I will be out running every Friday night. Nothing motivates me more than having spent money and committed to other people! I have also signed up for 2 5Ks in May, and the weather can only get better…..right?

I’m not sure what to do about getting more sleep. Right now it’s the quality of my sleep that is the problem. I am waking up in the middle of the night with one or both arms numb from shoulder to fingertip. If I lie on my back it doesn’t happen as much, but I’m a side/belly sleeper, so it’s a very hard transition. It does mean that I have very poor sleep from about 1:00-5:00 and then I get up at 6:20. At least I get a few good hours from 10:00-01:00, but it’s starting to catch up with me. I’m going to try some different pillows to see if that helps.

As to eating better….. that is the lifelong change, isn’t it? I know what to do, I even know how to do it, I just need to put on my big girl panties (which wouldn’t be so big if I could conquer this one!) and stop eating crap and get back to better portion control. This is going to be my focus for April. Maybe eating better will even help with the sleep problem!

How are you doing with your goals?  Are you sticking with them, or setting new ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment