Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 3 - Keep of the couch (1-16-12)

So these 52 challenges are cumulative!

To recap:
Week 1: drink 14 cups of water a day
Week 2: get 8 hours of sleep per night

Water: CHECK; Sleep: Not so much.

I'm still struggling with waking up during the night and not being able to fall asleep again.  But I'm going to keep trying to conquer this one!


Week 3: Apart from exercise, incorporate regular and routine activity into your lifestyle.


I'm all over this one!

  • One thing I do at home that drives Hilary CRAZY is my method of tidying is to pick up one thing from room A and walk it over to it's home in room B - walk back to room A and get the next thing to be put away.  I just bought a pedometer so I will be very interested to see how many steps this gets me in a day.
  • If I really want to burn some extra calories I will put on ankle weights while I tidy.
  • Last week I came across a list of 8 stretches that you can do at your desk from the Mayo Clinic.  Today I sent a meeting invite to the 15 folks in my department so that we can all do these together twice a day!  
  • Since we don't have a car, we already walk everywhere.  So I'm making more of an effort to take the stairs instead of the escalator or use the furthest away bathroom. 


Every little bit counts!  What are you doing to get moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment