Saturday, July 18, 2015

Poor man's GPS

I have several  routes plotted out that I run on a regular basis in my neighbourhood.  Now that my long runs are getting longer, I really have to work harder to figure out my routes.  I don't have a fancy running watch that could tell me how far I've gone. And I don't have a phone with GPS. I run with a watch that has a timer and my IPod Touch to listen to music. 

My usual approach is to plan my route before I leave, using Map My Run. The problem I have now is that in order to keep increasing my mileage in a fairly small city, I need to add more tuns and side streets. By the time I've run over an hour don't have the mental skills left to keep track of when and where in supposed to turn.  

So today I tried a new approach. Hilary penned the names of key streets on my arm with a Sharpie.


And it worked like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment