Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week 12 - Take a Deep Breath (3-19-12)

To recap:
Week 1: Drink 14 cups of water a day - 
Week 2: Get 8 hours of sleep per night - 
Week 3: Keep off the couch - 
Week 4: Keep a food journal -
Week 5: See the glass half full - Working on it
Week 6: Multi Vitamins -  X
Week 7: Keep the outside out - 75% yes, 25% no
Week 8: Eat your Veggies-
Week 9: Enjoy time alone-
Week 10: Take time to stretch- as part of working out, or sometimes at the office
Week 11: Read the Box-

The Change: Once a day, dedicate five minutes to breathing deeply.
I'm not a big fan of breathing deeply.  More often then note it makes my lightheaded and dizzy.  But Christy over a the 'Hood might be on to something "Or wait until you get into bed and shut the lights off. I don't think there's any harm in doing in while lying down!" That might actually work for me and it would be a great way to relax as I fall asleep.

So I'm going to add a 12th small change to routine.  I'm doing well with most of the others, but I do worry that we are going to soon have so many that it will be impossible to keep track of.  But I guess the point of these all being cumulative is that they simply become second nature, a part of your day to day activities that you don't even think about them.  That is certainly true for me for drinking water and keeping a food journal.  The rest aren't quite ingrained yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment