Saturday, January 5, 2013

Walk to the Moon



Did you know that the distance to the moon is 384,400 km?  I didn't.  It's a great goal though, logging enough steps to walk to the moon.  But if I tried to do it on my own, even if I could hit my 10,000 steps a day, it would take me 48,050 days or 131 years.

Not likely to happen.

But if you get a whole group of people logging not only their walking, but their running, rowing and cycling kilometres too, it can be done.  And that is exactly what we are doing over at Tribesports.com

The challenge started at the end of August and currently has 537 people adding to our distance every day.  So far we have moved 48,605 km.  That's 12% of the way there!

We can always use more people to get us to the moon faster, so come on over and join up.  The goal is to get to the moon by August 5th, 2013 to celebrate Neil Armstrong's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment