Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bodyweight Beginner Calisthenics Workout



Tribesports has come out with another great workout guide that can be done at the park (if it ever stops snowing!)   This routine consists of 5 repetitions of 5 different exercises:
  1. Australian Pull-ups 
  2. Split Squats (right leg) 
  3. Split Squats (left leg) 
  4. Lying Knee Tucks 
  5. Push-ups
Not sure what an Australian Pull-up is?  Neither was I till I watched the video guide.  


I don't have a lot of upper arm strength yet, but I think the pull-ups will be a great way to work on that.  My form for push ups leaves a lot to be desired as well, but it's getting better!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm still utterly confused! I think I have to watch that again a few times. . . is the easy looking stuff with the knees at the end still part of the Australian Pull-up? If so, I have a Canadian version to propose that involves closing the dishwasher door with your outstretched foot and then sprinting to the balcony where you do several crouches over a full kitty litter box where you do a lot of scooping before running back inside to wash/warm your hands. . . if you have OCD, it could burn a LOT of calories (or in my case, just lead to a mild and tolerable case of toxoplasmosis).

    ReplyDelete