Friday, March 1, 2013

I'm going for it!



This year Liam's school is trying something different as a fund raiser.  They are hosting a trail run.  It will include a 5K run, a 10K run, a 5K walk and a 2K run for the kids.

I have never run a race before.  Really, I've never run before.  Sure we run for about 10 minutes as our warm up at TaeKwon-Do, but that is as far and long as I've ever done.  It works out to be about 0.5K, a far cry from 5K.  And it's only been in recent weeks that I can occasionally run that length without having to stop and walk for a bit.

Even so, I'm entering the 5K run on June 15th.  The school is also offering a "Learn to Run" program that starts in April.  Along with that I'm going to start the Couch to 5K program as soon as the snow and ice are gone.

Until I can get out and start running, I'm working on strength building with indoor exercises.  I continue to take challenges from Tribesports that are body weight based, so that I can do them any time and any where. Of course losing some more weight will also help with running.  The less mass I have to move, the better!

Please consider joining me on June 15th and entering one of the runs.  Check out the Ocean Breeze Trail Run website for details and to register.

No comments:

Post a Comment