Saturday, June 15, 2013

Personal Best

Since this is my first race, any time would qualify as my Personal Best.  But I am happy with my time of 42:16 for the 5k Ocean Breeze Trail Run.    More importantly, I finished!

After a week of rain, we woke up to a beautiful, sunshiny day, with the temperature hitting 20°C.  It was nice and cool along the water, but a section of the trail was cut off from any breeze and was down right HOT. I ran with my running partner from the Learn To Run program.  After running together for the last 10 weeks it was great to finish the race together.

Before the race, squinting into the sun.

Pre-race warm up.

Sheila and I coming into the finish line.

Almost there.

I'm so glad that I stuck with the 10 weeks of training and ran the race this morning.  I hope to keep running, even without the push of a planned event to work towards.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! And if you need to have a goal to work for, sign up for another event. There are plenty of charities that would be happy to have you run for them. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I just ran my second ever 5K yesterday (same day as your first) and I definitely want to keep at it. You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete