Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 8 - Eat your Vegetables (2/20/12)

To recap:
Week 1: Drink 14 cups of water a day -
Week 2: Get 8 hours of sleep per night - Yeah!  I'm finally sleeping well.
Week 3: Keep off the couch -
Week 4: Keep a food journal -
Week 5: See the glass half full - Working on it
Week 6: Multi Vitamins -  I remember about 50% of the time... need to work harder on this one.
Week 7: Keep the outside out - 75% yes, 25% no


Consume at least four to six servings of fibrous vegetables per day. (One serving = 1/2 cup of non-leafy vegetables or 1 cup of leafy vegetables.)

This one is almost comedic given what I eat for breakfast every day.  I've never measured it out in cups, but I would guess that I average 6-8 cups of raw non-leafy vegetables every day just for breakfast.  Add in that I try to eat a salad every day (and usually a big salad, 4-5 cups of lettuce or spinach plus lots of other veggies) and that we have vegetables with dinner every night and I think I might actually be going overboard on my vegetable consumption!

I love raw vegetables, no dip required.  I snack on them like chips over the course of the morning and they fill me up.   My favorite is raw zucchini, but I really do enjoy them all.  Except raw broccoli, but that is more of a texture issue than taste.

I don't think I can add anything to make this week's challenge any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment